City wants to host surf and skate sports at the 2028 Summer Games – ORANGE COUNTY TRIBUNE
Huntington Beach City Council will consider passing a resolution that will aid efforts to host the surf, skateboard and BMX parties of the 2028 LA Summer Olympics.
These points will be discussed Tuesday during the meeting of the municipal council and the public finance authority at 6 p.m. The meeting will take place in the boardroom at 2000 Main Street and also via the Zoom conference.
The Los Angeles metro area will serve as the next home for the Summer Olympics after Paris in 2024, and was most recently held in Tokyo in 2021.
According to LA28, no new construction or permanent infrastructure will be required to host the Olympic Games. Organizers are focusing on using the infrastructure Southern California already has at its disposal.
Other items on the agenda include:
- the approval of grant agreements for the Selective Law Enforcement Program on Pedestrian and Bicycle Traffic and Safety for amounts of $ 788,000 and $ 42,795 respectively.
- adoption of an ordinance modifying the municipal code of the City which will control excessive and annoying noise pollution from cars and construction.
- direct staff to remove and regulate unauthorized short-term rental accommodation.
- develop neighborhood-specific town hall programs for all parts of Huntington Beach.
- approval of the license agreement between the city and the Bolsa Chica Conservancy
– Zia Zografos